Dmitry A. Novikov.
Dept. of Biochemistry, Belarusian State University, Nezhaleznasti Av., 4, 220030, Minsk, Belarus.
Tel.: +375 (0)17 209-58-97,
Fax: +375 (0)17 209-58-08,
2007 Ph.D. in Biochemistry (Belarusian State University, Dissertation title: "Structural and functional specifics of melanin pigments from Vitis vinifera and Thea sinensis");
1997-2000 Department of Biochemistry, School of Biology, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus (Post-Graduate Course);
1992-1997 School of Biology, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus (5-year Education Diploma in Biochemistry and MSc Diploma).
2003 - present: Associated Professor (Department of Biochemistry, School of Biology, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus);
2001-2003 - Assistant Professor (Department of Biochemistry, School Of Biology, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus).
Department lecture/practical courses: Biophysics.
Department lecture/practical courses: Structural Biochemistry.
Department lecture/practical courses: Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
Department lecture/practical courses: Applied Biochemistry.
Department practical courses: Biochemistry of nucleic acids.
Faculty laboratory courses: Biochemistry.
Supervising professor for yearly projects and graduation thesises.
Antioxidant and prooxidant properties of natural phenolic compounds. Biological systems of antioxidant defense in mammalian tissues. Isolation, purification, characterization of the physicochemical properties of biologically active substances; the study of their antioxidant, genoprotective, hepatoprotective properties; binding of heavy metals, radionuclides.
Results of research are presented in 81 scientific publications and 5 tutorials.
Educational and methodical publications:
1. Novikau DA, Filimonov M.M. Biophysics (lecture course), Part 1 (Thermodynamics of biological processes, molecular biophysics) A manual for students of biological specialties of universities. Mn .: Publishing Center of BSU, 2009, 180s.
2. Novikau D.A., Filimonov M.M. Biophysics (lecture course). Part 2 (Photophysical processes in molecules. Physical methods in biology). Textbook for students of biological specialties of universities. Minsk: Publishing Center of BSU, 2012, 159p.
3. Semak I.V., Zyryanova T.N., Gubich O.I., Novikov D.A. Biochemistry of nucleic acids: teaching aid / Semak I.V., Zyryanova TN, Gubich O.I., Novikau D.A. Minsk: BSU, 2008. 58 p.
4. Kukulyanskaya, T.A., Gubich, OI, Korik, E.O., Oryol, N.M., Novikau, D.A. Tests, exercises, tasks in biochemistry: a training manual. Minsk: Publishing Center of BSU, 2014. - 167 p.
5. Oryol N.M., Novikov D.A., Kukulyanskaya T.A., Gubich O.I., Zyryanova T.N., Korik E.O., Semak I.V., Filimonov M.M. Workshop on biochemistry: manual. Minsk: BSU, 2015, - 199 p.
6. Filimonov M.M., Novikov D.A. Radiobiology: manual. Minsk: BSU, 2015. - 132 p.
7. Novikov D.A. Pharmaceutical biotechnology / study guide. Minsk: BSU Publishing Center, 342 p. 2018.
Educational and methodical complexes in the disciplines:
1. Structural biochemistry. Specialties: 1-31 01 02 Biochemistry and 1-31 01 03 Microbiology;
2. Isolation and purification of biotechnology products. Specialties: 1-31 01 01 Biology (ex. Research and production activities, Biotechnology);
3. Biophysics. Specialties: 1-31 01 01 Biology, in directions, 1-33 01 01 Bioecology.
4. Radiobiology. Specialties: 1-31 01 01 Biology and 1-31 01 02 Biochemistry (in collaboration with Assoc. Professor Filimonov MM);
5. Pharmaceutical biotechnology. Specialties: 1-31 01 02 Biochemistry.
1. Gavrilenko N.V., Kukulyanskaya T.A., Novikau D.A., Kurchenko V.P. Genoprotective properties of melanin pigments of different origin // Sb. tr. scientific conf., dedicated. 75th anniversary of biol. a fact BSU. - Minsk, 1997. - p. 234 - 238.
2. Novikau D.A., Kurchenko V.P. Influence of plant melanins and extracts of some medicinal plants on the viability of Trichobilharzia ocellata and Bilharziella polonica // Biochemistry: Sat. scientific Proceedings / BSU.— Minsk: RIVSh, 2006. — pp. 131-140.
3. Novikau D.A. Chelating properties of plant melanins // Physiological, biochemical and molecular bases of functioning of biosystems / Proceedings of BSU, Vol. 1, Minsk: RIVS, 2006, pp. 105 - 114.
4. Novikau D.A. Environmental consequences of the Chernobyl accident. Mn.: Focus Magazine, Vita. Classic and modern in biology. MOUP “Borisov Integrated Printing House. May 1, 2009 P.27-34.
5. Novikau D.A., Kurchenko V.P. Photoprotective properties of melanins from grapes (Vitis vinifera) and black Georgian tea (Thea sinensis) // Radiats. biology. Radioecology. - 2001. - Vol. 41, No. 6. - P. 670-676.
6. Semak I.V., Zyryanova T.N., Gubich O.I., Novikau D.A. Biochemistry of nucleic acids: teaching aid / Semak I.V., Zyryanova TN, Gubich O.I., Novikov D.A. Minsk: BSU, 2008. 58 p.
7. Novikau D.A., Novik M.N. Influence of melanin pigments on the degree of damage of biomolecules by UV radiation // Xenobiotics and living systems / Proceedings of the 3 International Conference. Minsk, October 22 - 24, 2008. P. 111 - 113.
8. Novikau D.A., Muntian M.S. Effect of melanin pigments on the degree of DNA damage by aromatic amines // Xenobiotics and living systems / Proceedings of the 3 International Conference. Minsk, October 22 - 24, 2008. P. 113 - 116.
10. Kindermann S.A., Novikau D.A. The use of “THOR” biocides for protection against biodegradation // Mn .: Chemresursy №4, 2009, 16-18.
11. Novikau D.A. Study of the effect of intragastric administration of isothiazolines on some biochemical parameters of rat blood serum. / Collection of scientific articles 2 of the Belarusian Biochemical Congress / Modern problems of biochemistry and molecular biology / Grodno, May 17-18, 2018. P.404 - 411.
12. Novikau D.A., Perevalova D.A. Influence of intragastric administration of “Anapalona” on some biochemical parameters of blood serum / Proceedings of the international conference Psychophysiology and Psychoneurophysiology / Stavropol, May 23-26, 2018, P. 101 - 102.
Page last updated: 15.03.2019 12:28