Сайт Биологического Факультета - версия для печати
Vladimir V. Chernik - Department of Botany, Belarusian State University.
VLADIMIR V. CHERNIK
Ph.D. in Botany, Associated professor, Department of Botany, Biological Faculty, Belarusian State University, Minsk
He was graduated from the BSU, Department of Botany in 1971 and was distributed to the Central Botanical Garden to the Belarusian Academy of Sciences. In 1971–1972 he did one-year fieldwork and in 1975 finished a post-graduate course at the higher plant department of the V.L. Komarov Botanical Institute to the USSR Academy of Sciences (in Leningrad, now Snt. Petersburg). In 1977 he defended the dissertation for the degree of candidate of biological sciences on speciality of Botany at specialized scientific council of the V.L. Komarov Botanical Institute to the USSR Academy of Sciences. Subject of dissertation is «Anatomical and morphological structure of reproductive organs representatives of family Ulmaceae Mirb. and Celtidaceae Link». In 1984 he was admitted to the BSU enlisted as an assistant of the Botany Department and was transferred to the post of Associate Professor in 1994. In 1977 he was awarded the title of Associate Professor on the speciality Biology by WAC Decision of the Republic of Belarus
Main course of studies:
Systematic of higher plants, Plant resources
Geography of plants
Special practical (section «Higher spores plants»),Practical work on botany («Systematic of higher plants»)Educational and industrial practice of specialization
Scientific Activity:Flora of Belarus;Systematic of higher plants;Plant morphology.
Author more than 100 scientific and methodies publications
Main scientific publications:
1. Chernik V.V. The structure of Hemiptelea Planch. and Zelkova Spach gynoecium // Abstracts of the papers, presented at the XII International botanical congress (July 3–10, 1975, Leningrad). Leningrad: Nauka. – P. 211. Summary: A study of Hemiptelea davidii (Hance) Planch. and Zelkova carpinifolia (Pall.) C. Koch gynoecium showed it to be pseudomonomeric and belonging to syncarpous type. The ovule is supplied by vascular bundle coming off the lateral-marginal bundles of fertile carpel in their joint. The same type of ovule vascular supply was described in Ulmus L. Another type of vascular ovule system is characteristic of Celtis L. Similar structural features of ovule vascular supply in Ulmus, Hemiptelea, Zelkova present a new evidence for the Hemiptelea and Zelkova closer relation to Ulmus, rather than to Celtis, as it is often accepted by taxonomists. Judging by the degree of reduction of sterile carpel, Hemiptelea is related more closely to Ulmus, that Zelkova. Sterile carpel of Zelkova is much more reduced
2. Chernik V.V. Peculiarities of structure and development of the pericarp of family representatives Ulmaceae and Celtidaceae // Botanical journal. 1980. – V. 65, № 4. – P. 521–531 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: Study of fruits in representatives of five genera of Ulmaceae and seven genera of Celtidaceae at various stages of development gave it possible to distinguish two types of pericarp structure for two families respectively. The most distinct differences between the families are traced in the structure and the formation of a strengthening tissue layer. In Ulmaceae (Ulmus, Holoptelea, Hemiptelea, Zelkova, Phyllostylon) pericarp is composed of four cell layers (outer epidermis, middle layer, a layer of strengthening tissue, inner epidermis). Layer of strengthening tissue is formed by cells from subepidermal zone of the middle layer of the ovary wall, bordering on the inner epidermis. Pericarp of most genera of Celtidaceae (Trema, Parasponia, Lozanella, Aphananthe, Gironniera) consists of three cell layers (outer epidermis, middle layer, stone tissue). Stone tissue is formed by cells of the inner epidermis. Only in Celtis and Pteroceltis, due to the presence of two stone tissue layers, pericarp is composed of four layers.
3. Kudinov M.A., Kasach A.E., Chekalinskaya I.I., Chernik V.V., Churilov A.K. Introduction of Heracleum in Belarus. Minsk: Science and Technology, 1980, 200 p. (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: As a result of the definition of species, I found that the collection of Heracleum in Central Botanical Garden to Belarusian Academy of Sciences includes 12 species and 7 hybrids of unknown origin. In the book I give general information about the genus Heracleum L. (chapter 1), phyto-morphological characteristic of species and hybrids (chapter 2). I took part in the preparation for publication of chapter 3, devoted to the peculiarities of growth and development of Heracleum plants.
4. Chernik V.V. Pseudomonomeric gynoecium of the Ulmaceae» and Celtidaceae repesentatives // Botanical journal. 1981. – V. 66, № 7. – P. 958–966 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: The anatomic gynoecium structure in three genera of Ulmaceae (Ulmus, Hemiptelea, Zelkova) and two Celtidaceae genera (Celtis, Trema) as well as its morphology in a series of other genera of the both family representatives (Holoptelea, Phyllostylon, Parasponia, Lozanella, Aphananthe, Gironniera) are studied. Two structures of pseudomonomeric syncarpous gynoecium and its vascular system have been established, «Type Ulmaceae» and «Type Celtidaceae» respectively. Sterile carpel is reduced in Celtidaceae so much that the dimeric structure of gynoecium which is morphologically clearly visible in Ulmaceae is almost never expressed. To determine participation of the second carpel in the gynoecium formation can be possible only on the basis of the analysis of vascular bundles system.
5. Chernik V.V. Peculiarities of structural development of spermoderm in some representatives of the Ulmaceae and Celtidaceae // Botanical journal. 1982. – V. 67, № 9. – P. 1216–1220 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: The two- and three-layered seed coat of the representatives of the Ulmaceae (Ulmus, Hemiptelea, Zelkova) is formed by the tissue of both integuments. The Celtidaceae representatives (Celtis, Trema) have one-layered seed coat formed by the inner epidermis of inner integument.
6. Chernik V.V. The presence of endosperm in the seeds of Ulmaceae. Bulletin of the Central Botanical Garden. Part 128. Moscow: Science, 1983. – P. 62–66 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: It is established, that in the mature seeds of Ulmaceae (the representatives of the genera Ulmus, Hemiptelea, Zelkova) there is the endosperm in the form of a very thin series of cells. By origin these are the cells of the endosperm surface layer of the developing seed. The thickness of the layer of endosperm cells in the radial direction in the studied species is only 10–70 microns. Therefore, in mature seeds of Ulmaceae, in contrast to the Celtidaceae, the endosperm as the nutritive tissue morphologically is not expressed. It can be found only as a result of careful anatomical research.
7. Chernik V.V. The development and structural features of achenes in Rhaponticum carthamoides and R. scariosum (Asteraceae) // Botanical journal. 1984. – V. 69, № 11. – P. 1491–1497 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: The peculiarities of development and structure of the embryo, pericarp and spermoderm in two species of Rhaponticum are studied. Abnormalities in the development of generative organs in plants grown (in culture) in the Central Botanical Garden of the Belarus Academy of Sciences (Minsk) are revealed. Embryos of seeds are characterized by a high degree of morphological and histological differentiation. Pericarp of mature fruit has two layers: the outer epidermis and the layer of thick-walled parenchyma cells of the outer zone of the ovary wall. Spermoderm consists of three layers: the palisade layer, the layer of obliterated cells of integument parenchyma outer zone and derivaties of integument tapetum.
8. CheChernik V.V. Seed production of some members of the genus Tilia L. // Belarusian State University messenger. Ser. 2: Chem., Biol., Geogr. 1986. – № 3. – P. 27–30 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: The research results of seed production of introduced species: Tilia platyphyllos Scop., T. mongolica Maxim., T. taquetii Schneid. and local species (T. cordata Mill.) are given. It is founded that, the most warm-loving introduced species have high potential, but extremely low real seed productivity; in local species the coefficient of seed productivity is much higher. The most typical anomalies of development of the generative organs under cultivate plant conditions in the Central Botanical Garden of the Belarus Academy of Sciences (Minsk) are indentified. They reduce seed production and viability of seeds.
9. Chernik V.V., Romanovich V.F. Seed production and seed quality Silphium perfoliatum L. in Belarus // Plant resources, 1988. Т. 24. Part 4. – P. 535–543 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: In the Central Botanical Garden of Belarus Academy of Sciences (Minsk) studied the seed production and seed quality of early and late forms of Silphium perfoliatum L. (Asteraceae). It is recommended for growing as a highly productive forage plant. Indicators of potential seed production in 1,6–2 times higher in late-forms. However, in terms of real seed productivity are far inferior to early-ripening forms. In early-ripening forms predominate seeds IV and V classes of development; viability of seeds is 73%. Coefficient of seeds productivity they have reached an average of 60,3% and late-forms – only 22,5%. In the study area the high potential of late-forms poorly implemented due to the onset of less favorable conditions for the processes of formation and the seeds ripen. They should be grown in areas with a higher amount of active air temperatures for the realization of high potential seed productivity and seed quality.
10. Shukanov A.S., Chernik V.V. Floristic and mycological studies of Minsk region // Belarusian State University messenger. Ser. 2: Chem., Biol., Geogr. 1996. – № 3. – P. 61–62 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: Some results of long-term floristic and mycological studies of the eastern of Minsk region are presented. Species composition and distribution of vascular plants and phytopathogenic fungi have been investigated. The list of species and objects which need a protection has been determined. Some ecological peculiarities and pathogenecity of micromycetes have been studied. In order to obtain three resistant to diseases sorts of tomatoes the investigation in collaboration with selectionists was undertaken.
11. Sautkina T.A., Polyksenova V.D., Chernik V.V. Morphology and anatomy of plants. Education book. Minsk: Belarusian State University, 1997. – 103 p. (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: The basic theoretical information that adequately reflects the characteristics of morphological and anatomical structure of higher plants organs is presented. In addition to the theoretical material practical tasks on specific questions of plants morphology and anatomy are given, which are being worked during the laboratory studies. For a better understanding of the anatomical structure of various organs a series of illustrations is given.
12. Bibikov Yu.A., Dzhus M.A., Zubkevich G.I., Sautkina T.A., Tikhomirov V.N., Chernik V.V. About flora of Minsk region // Belarusian State University messenger. Ser. 2: Chem., Biol., Geogr. 2002. – № 1. – P. 48–52 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: Results of long-term floristic investigations of the Minsk region are given. The flora of this region includes about 1380 species of the vascular plants referring to 573 genera of 121 families, 47 species of them are taken under official protection and more then 600 species are rare (the most of them – adventives plants). It is the first publication of the vascular plants checklist of the Minsk region.
13. Dzhus M.A., Tikhomirov Val.N., Chernik V.V. Habitat for rare plants in the south-western outskirts of the city of Minsk. Collected papers of the International Scientific Conference «Actual problems of studying phyto- and mycobiota», devoted to 80 Anniversary of the Department of Botany. October 25–27, 2004, Minsk. Minsk: Publishing Center at BSU, 2004. – P. 41–43 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: Floristic composition of peat bog on the south-west part of Minsk city has been studied. In total list of species, 11 are rare either in Minsk region or in all the territory of Belarus, 6 species are recommended to the third edition of the Belarusian Red Data Book, 2 species are under official protection now.
14. Polyksenova V.D., Chernik V.V., Girilovich I.S., Dzhus M.A., Zubkevitz G.I., Lemeza N.A., Sautkina T.A., Stadnichenko M.A., Stefanovich A.I., Tikhomirov Val.N., Fedorovich M.N., Khramtzov A.K., Shukanov A.S. Taxonomical diversity of the higher plants and phytopathogenic fungi of the central part of the Minsk elevation // Belarusian State University Messenger. Ser. 2: Chem., Biol., Geogr. 2006. – № 3. – P. 25–30 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: The results of long-term studies of flora and mainly phytopatogenic mycobiota of the central part of the Minsk elevation are presented. 1160 species of plant, belonging to 500 genera and 113 families and 458 species of phytopathogenic fungi were found.
15. Chernik V.V. Higher spore-bearing plants: lectures. Minsk: BSU, 2008. – 247 p. (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: A general characteristic of higher plants, divisions, classes, subclasses, of the majority of orders and families of higher spore-bearing plants is presented. It is set out in writing: the structural features of the vegetative and reproductive organs, asexual and sexual processes, as well as the issues of vegetative reproduction, distribution, ecology, habitat, their significance for natural ecosystems and human economic activities, origin, evolution, classification and plants protection.
16. Morozov O.V., Chernik V.V., Morozova T.A. Effect of polyploidy on fertility of female gametophyte of Oxycoccus macrocarpus Pursh. Proceedings research of the Forest Institute to the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus «Forestry Problems». Part 69. Gomel: Forest Research Institute, 2009. – P. 582–594 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: Doubling of the chromosome set exercises an extremely negative influence on fertility of female gametophyte of Oxycoccus macrocarpus Pursh. Evidence is provided by the reduce of seed productivity in the artificial tetraploid and seed germination, as compared with diploid species counterpart. The reasons that are likely to determining influence on extremely low seed germination are identified.
17. Chernik V.V., Dzhus M.A. Themes of research and program tasks of educational practice on specialization at the Department of Botany in the Belarusian State University (vascular plants). Collected papers of the International Scientific and Methodological Conference «Problems and prospects of teaching botanical disciplines at university». March 19–20, 2010, Gomel. Gomel: Gomel State University, 2010. – P. 110–116 (in Russian with English Summary). Summary: The purposes and tasks of educational practice on specialization of students at the Department of Botany in the Belarusian State University are proposed. The examples of themes on Biodiversity, Systematic and Morphology of Plants, Plant Introduction and Plant Resources are proposed. Program tasks in the following areas: Economically useful plants (food, medicinal, etc.) of the investigated region (district, forestry, etc.), Morpho-Biological Features of the varieties of introduced ornamental shrubs and perennial herbaceous plants, Composition and analysis of flora of the investigated region (province, district, forestry, etc.) are compiled. Program tasks on flora investigation include the preparatory phase, the phase of field research (expeditionary phase) and office work over floral materials.
© 2003-2020 Л. Валентович, П. Тумилович
Наш адрес: г. Минск, ул. Курчатова, 10, тел/факс. +375 (17) 209-58-08
Адрес для корреспонденции: пр. Независимости, 4, БГУ, Биологический факультет, 220030, г. Минск