DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL ECOLOGY AND METHODS OF BIOLOGY TEACHING
Address: 4, Nezavisimost Ave., Minsk, 220030, Belarus
Web page: http://bio.bsu.by/ecology/
Location: 10, Kurchatova str., Minsk, ground floor.
The department was founded in 1974. During the time of existence it was headed by ass. prof. V.P. Lyachnovich (1974-1985), prof. N.M. Kryuchkova (1985-1996), Dr. A.Yu. Karatayev (1997-2001).
At present the department is headed by prof. Grichik Vasily Vitalievich. The teaching staff of the department consists of 2 doctors of sciences, 6 associate professors, 2 senior lecturers, 1 assistant. The teaching process is organized with the help of 2 members of auxiliary personnel.
Professors: V.V. Grichik, Ya. K. Kulikov.
Associate professors: N.G. Eryomova, T.A. Makarevich, G.A. Semenyuk, A.A. Zhukova,O.L. Nesterova, E.A. Kozlov.
Senior lecturer: M.L. Minets, E.E. Gayevsky.
Assistants: O.S. Smolskaya.
Methodologist: S.N. Tarasevich.
Technicians: V.V. Kuzmenko.
Higher education staff training
For the period of the department existence the doctoral thesis and two candidate's theses have been defended. Every year 1-2 post-graduates take training courses at the department.
The teaching staff provides lecturing and study process on the following subjects:
– Biometrics (ass. prof. A.A. Zhukova, ass. prof. O.L. Nesterova, sen. lect. M.P. Minets)
– Ecology and Rational Nature Management (prof. V.V. Grichik, ass. prof. G.A. Semenyuk, ass. prof. E.A. Kozlov)
– Methods of Biology Teaching (prof. V.V. Grichik, ass. prof. E.A. Kozlov)
– Methods of Educational Work (ass. prof. V.V. Grichik)
– General Ecology (ass. prof. T.A. Makarevich)
– Soil Science (prof. Ya. K. Kulikov)
– Plant and Animal Resources (ass. profs. V.V. Chernik, V.V. Grichik)
– Ecological Monitoring, Control and Expertise (ass. prof. T.A. Makarevich)
– Agroecology (prof. Ya. K. Kulikov)
– Introduction to Speciality (all staff)
- Specially protected natural areas (ass. prof. O.L. Nesterova)
– Ecological Physiology (ass. prof. O.L. Nesterova)
– Primary producers (ass. prof. T.A. Makarevich)
– Radioecology (ass. prof. T.A. Makarevich)
– Hydroecology (ass. prof. T.A. Makarevich)
– Population ecology (ass. prof. A.A. Zhukova)
– Biotic cycling in ecosystems (prof. V.V. Grichik, ass. prof. T.A. Makarevich, ass. prof. O.L. Nesterova)
Special subjects for students that specialize in ecology:
– Ecological problems of Belarus (prof. Ya. K. Kulikov)
– Global ecology (ass. prof. E.A. Kozlov)
– Ecology of a human being (ass. prof. N.G. Eryomova)
– Ecology of urban surrounding (ass. prof. G.A. Semenyuk)
– Landscape ecology (prof. Ya. K. Kulikov)
– Bioindication of the environmental quality (s. lecturer A.A. Zhukova)
– Soil resources (prof. Ya. K. Kulikov)
Main trends of research and methodological activity of the department:
– distribution and ecological effects of invasive water species in Belarus;
– study of population and fenetic structure of coleopterous in swamp and forests;
– zooplankton communities functioning in waterbodies of urban areas;
– biodiversity of animals in flood-plain landscapes in Belarus;
– the increase of agricultural lands productivity based on the optimization of soil ecological factors;
– the role of attached communities (periphyton, microphytobenthos) in water ecosystems;
– autotrophic communities functioning in freshwater ecosystems;
– insect ecology;
– theoretical basis of teaching and methodical complexes and school biology textbook;
– working out the system of ecology teaching with the use of modern conceptions of natural sciences;
– development of new methods of controlling students works;
– working out and editing the teaching and methodical manuals in ecology.
Key scientific and applied achievements:
– methodic recommendations on soil optimization have been worked out and approved in Agricultural Ministry;
– means of sod-podzol and turfy soil optimization aimed at getting of highly productive cultures;
– methodic recommendations on precipitation tank periphyton use for sewage waters cleansing have been worked out;
– scientific and methodical base for biota monitoring in drinking water have been developed;
– the first electronic database on aquatic invaders in Belarus has been created;
– the differences in fenetic structure of carabus populations in different parts of the republic have been established;
– the possibility to assess the water quality based on reproduction potential of Crustacea has been ascertained;
– the reconstruction of some stages of bird subspecies distribution in Holocene on the territory of Belarus has been done;
– school-books and manuals on biology for 7-11 classes have been written;
Manuals for recent years:
– Grichik V.V. Plant and animal resources: Lectures course. Minsk: BSU, 2002. 88 p. (in Russian)
– Makarevich T.A. Ecological Monitoring, Control and Expertise: Lectures course. Minsk: BSU, 2002. 107 p. (in Russian)
– Makarevich T.A. Ecological Monitoring, Control and Expertise: Manual book for practical trainings and seminars. Minsk: BSU, 2003. 81 p. (in Russian)
– Kamlyuk L.V. Global ecology: Lectures course. Minsk: BSU, 2004. 127 p. (in Russian)
– Kamlyuk L.V., Eryomova N.G. et al. Ecological dictionary / Minsk: Narodnaya asveta, 2004. 105 p. (in Russian)
– Semenchenko V.P. Consumers and Their Role in Ecosystems: Lectures course. Minsk: BSU, 2004. 95 p. (in Russian)
– Eryomova N.G. Ecology of a human being: Lectures course. Minsk: BSU, 2005. 196 p. (in Russian)
– Kulikov Ya. K., Grichik V.V. Landscape ecology: Lectures course. Minsk: BSU, 2006. 74 p. (in Russian)
– Kamlyuk L.V., Lemeza N.A., Lisov N. D. Biology, 10 class: School-book. Minsk: Narodnaya asveta, 2006. 277 p. (in Russian)
– Мinets М.L., Grichik V.V. The control of knowledge, abilities and skills at biology lessons // Manual book for practical trainings in course “Methods of Biology Teaching”. Minsk: BSU, 2007. (in Russian)
– Lemeza N.A., Kamlyuk L.V., Lisov N.D. Manual in biology for university entrants. Minsk: Unipress, 2008. 607 p. (in Russian)
– Semenyuk G.A. Ecology of urban surrounding: Lectures course. Minsk: BSU, 2008. (in Russian)
– Shalapyonok Е.S., Kamlyuk L.V., Lisov N.D. Biology tests. – М.: Airess-Press, 2008. (in Russian)
– Lemeza N.A., Kamlyuk L.V., Lisov N.D. Biology in examination questions and answers: Manual book for teachers, coaches and university entrants. Minsk: Unipress, 2008. (in Russian)
- Makarevich, T.A. Radioecology: manual / T.A. Makarevich. - Minsk: BSU, 2013. 136 p.
- Zhukova A.A., Mastitsky S.E. Bioindication of environmental quality: manual, Minsk, 2014, 112 p. (Text)
- Kulikov Y.K. Environmental problems of Belarus: workshop / Teaching aid. Electronic resource. Minsk: BSU, 2018. http://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/196242
- Kulikov Y.K. Soil resources: workshop. Minsk: BSU, 2018. 135 p.
Main scientific publications:
– Mastitsky S.E., Samoilenko V.M. The gravel snail, Lithoglyphus naticoides (Gastropoda: Hydrobiidae), a new Ponto-Caspian species in Lake Lukomskoye (Belarus) // Aquatic Invasions. – 2006. – Vol. 1(3). – P. 161-170.
– Mastitsky S.E., Makarevich O.A. Distribution and abundance of Ponto-Caspian amphipods in the Belarusian section of the Dnieper River // Aquatic Invasions. – 2007. – Vol. 2(1). – P. 39-44.
– Mastitsky S.E., Samoilenko V.M. Chironomids (Insecta, Chironomidae) encountered in the mantle cavity of Dreissena polymorpha (Bivalvia, Dreissenidae) // Internat. Rev. Hydrobiol. – 2005. – Vol. 90(1). – P. 42-50.
– Stedman R.C., Lathrop R.C., Clark B., Ejsmont-Karabin J., Kasprzak P., Nielsen K., Osgood D., Powell M., Ventela A.-M., Webster K.E., Zhukova A.A. Perceived environmental quality and place attachment in North American European Temperate lake districts // Lake and Reservoir Management. – V.23. – 2007. – P. 330-344.
– Makarevich T.A., Mastitsky S.E., Savich I.V. Phytoperiphyton on the shells of Dreissena polymorpha (Pallas) in Lake Naroch / Aquatic Invasions. – 2008. – Vol. 3(3). – P. 283-295.
– Grichik V.V. Geographic variability of birds in Belarus: taxonomic analysis. – Minsk: BSU, 2005. – 169 p. (in Russian)
– Grichik V.V. Intraspecific taxonomy and the problems of bird preservation in Belarus // Vestnik of the BSU. – P. 2. 2006. – № 2. – P. 33–36. (in Russian)
– Kamlyuk L.V. Protection mechanisms of human organism // Biology: teaching problems. – № 2. – Minsk, 2008.– P. 13-18. (in Russian)
– Kulikov Ya.K., Gayevsky E.E., Sologub N.S. Soil optimization based on peat and rich soil input / Biology: teaching problems. – № 1. – Minsk, 2006.– P. 49-56. (in Russian)
– Makarevich T.A. Periphyton contribution to the total primary production in freshwater ecosystems (survey) // Vestnik of the Tumen State University. – № 5. – 2005.– P. 77-86. (in Russian)
– Мinets М.L., Grichik V.V. Comparison characteristics of the variability of two populations of ground beetles Carabus menetriesi Humm. (Coleoptera, Carabidae) // Vestnik of the BSU. – P. 2. 2005. – № 2. – P. 58-62. (in Russian)
- V.V.Gričik, S.B.Sandakov, G.A.Mindlin und V.N.Vorobjev. Die Biologie der Waldschnepfe Scolopax rusticola in Belarus. 2. Das Brutgeschehen // Ornithologische Mitteilungen Jahrgang 64, 2012, Nr.5/6: 153 – 160 (pdf)
- Gričik V.V. Zur Verbreitung und Biologie einiger Vogelarten des südöstlichen Altaj (2. Teil) // Ornithologische Mitteilungen, 2014, № 11/12, pp. 307 – 316.(pdf eLybraryBSU)
- Gričik V.V. Zur Verbreitung und Biologie einiger Vogelarten des südöstlichen Altaj (1. Teil) (pdf eLybraryBSU)
- Gričik V.V. Zur Verbreitung und Biologie einiger Vogelarten des südöstlichen Altaj (3. Teil) // Ornithologische Mitteilungen, 2015, № 11/12, pp. 315 –324.(pdf)
- Zhukova A.A., Adamovich B.V., Kryuk DV, Panko A.Yu. The state of the zebra mussel population in the lake. Naroch according to the shooting data of 2016. // Zoological readings - 2017: Collection of articles of the International Scientific and Practical Conference, Grodno, March 15-17, 2017 / O.V. Yanchurevich (otv. Ed.) [Et al.]. Grodno: GrSU, 2017. p. 87-90.
- B. Adamovich, T. Makarevich , Yu. Veras, H. Zhukava, T. Zhukava Bentification in Naroch Lakes (Belarus). // 33rd SIL Congress. Book of abstracts (July 31, 2016 – August 5, 2016 Torino, Italy), 2016. − P. 348.
- Adamovich B.V., Mikheeva TM, Kovalevskaya R.Z., Zhukova T.V., Dubko N.V., Lukyanova E.V., Nikitina L.V., Makarevich O.A., Karabanovich V. S., Makarevich T.A., Zhukova A.A., Savich I.V., Veres Yu.K. Perennial changes in the main hydroecological indicators of the Narochanskie Lakes // Bulletin of the Belarusian State University. Ser.2. 2016, No. 3 (October) p. 107-113.
- Gričik V.V. Zur Verbreitung und Biologie einiger Vogelarten des südöstlichen Altaj (4. Teil) // Ornithologische Mitteilungen, 2017, № 5/6, pp. 121–134. /ecology/files/staff/v_gritchik/Gricik_Altaj4.pdf
- Grichik V.V., Pyshko A.S. Breeding waterbirds of spent peat extraction in the early stages of renaturalization // The Russian Journal of Ornithology. – 2017, V. XXVI, EI 1515. – P. 4415–4422. /ecology/files/staff/v_gritchik/Гричик_Пышко_2017.pdf
- Kulikov Y.K. Agroecological features of agriculture on sod-podzolic soils of Belarus // Journal of the Belarusian State University. Biology. 2017. № 1 - p. 71-76.
- Kulikov Y.K. Ecological features of the cultivation of sod-podzolic sandy soil under the influence of peat and land // Modern agroecological problems of agricultural development in Belarus: materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference. - Gorki: BSAA, 2017. - p.112-115.
- Kulikov Y.K. Microbiological features of the cultivation of peat soil under the influence of land cultivation // Modern environmental problems of land reclamation soil science: Materials of the International Scientific and Practical Conference.- Minsk, Institute of Land Reclamation of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus 2017. - P. 180-182.
- Kulikov Y.K. Microbiological assessment of the ecological status of sod-podzolic soil in terms of its cultivation // Proc. “Ecology and Soil Biology”: proceedings of the International Scientific Conference - Rostov-on-Don: Rosizdat, 2018. - P. 160–165.
- Kulikov Y.K. Microbiological features of the cultivation of sod-podzolic sandy soil under the action of peat and land // Proc. "Problems of biology, ecology, geography, education": materials of the International Scientific Conference - St. Petersburg: SPGU, 2018. P.264-268.
- Kulikov Ya. K. Agroecological features of the optimization of the microflora of sod-podzolic sandy soil in terms of its cultivation // Proc. "Fundamental achievements in soil science, ecology and agriculture." - M .: MSU, 2018. p. 214-216.
- Smolskaya, O.S., Zhukova, A.A. Spectral pigment indices of phytoplankton in water bodies of different types in Belarus // Journal of the Belarusian State University. Ecology. - №1. - Minsk, BSU, 2018. - p.113-123.
- Smolskaya OS, Zhukova A.A., Lyulya A.A. Pigment and physico-chemical characteristics of bottom sediments of the lakes Naroch and Myastro // Journal of the Belarusian State University. Biology. - № 2. - Minsk, BSU, 2018. - pp.65-78.
- Gaevsky E.E. Algoflora of sod-podzolic sandy soil of various degrees of optimization under the action of peat and land // Proceedings of the III International Scientific and Practical Conference dedicated to the 85th anniversary of Astrakhan State University "Ecology of Biosystems: Problems of Study, Indication and Forecasting", August 21-26, 2017. , Astrakhan: FSUE "ASU", 2017. - p. 47-52.
- Gaevsky E.E., Varatynskaya A.M. Ecological and trophic groups of microorganisms of sod-podzolic sandy soil of various degrees of cultivation // Ecology of the native land: problems and ways of their solution: materials of the All-Russian scientific-practical conference with international participation, Kirov, April 23-24, 2018 / Vyatka State. human un-t - Kirov, 2018. - P. 12-16.
- Gaevsky E.E., Kazay T.V. The activity of cellulose-depleting microorganisms of sod-podzolic sandy soil under conditions of varying degrees of its optimization // Healthy soils are the guarantor of sustainable development. Materials of the scientific-practical conference with international participation on May 11, 2018. Kursk, 2018. - p. 51-55.
- Nesterova, OL, Voronova, N.V. Karyological and molecular genetic studies of closely related species of the genus Oulema (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae, Criocerinae) // Modern Problems of Entomology of Eastern Europe. Materials I scientific conference. Minsk, September 8-10, 2015. - p. 211-214.
- Nesterova OL, Suharevich A.S. The fauna of leaf beetles (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae) of the reserve “Zvanets” // Specially Protected Natural Territories of Belarus. Research. Minsk, 2015. Vol. 10. pp. 140-146.
- Nesterova O.L. The fauna of leaf beetles-flea beetles (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae, Alticinae) of Belarus // Works of the Belarusian State University. - 2015. - Vol. 10, Part 1. - P. 345-358.
- Mazmanyan M.A., Karagyan G.H., Stepanyan I.E., Nesterova O.L. Karyotype analysis of some parthenogenetic populations of Bromius obscurus (Linnaeus, 1758) (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae)// VI International conference on the karyosystematics of the invertebrates, Russia, Saratov, August 27-30, 2016.
- Nesterova O.L. Coleoptera, or beetles. Family Megalopodidae Latreille, 1802 // Biological diversity of the Berezinsky biosphere reserve: springtails (Collembola) and insects (Insecta) / for total. Ed. A.O. Lukashuka, V.A. Tsinkevich. - Minsk: Belarusian House of Press, 2016. - p. 164.
- Nesterova O.L. Coleoptera, or beetles. Family Chrysomelidae Latreille, 1802 // Biological diversity of the Berezinsky biosphere reserve: springtails (Collembola) and insects (Insecta) / for total. Ed. A.O. Lukashuka, V.A. Tsinkevich. - Minsk: Belarusian House of Press, 2016. - p. 164-174.
- Rymkevich I. A., Nesterova O. L. Phenetic studies of the venation of the wings of fleas of the genus Crepidodera Chevrolat, 1837 (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae) // Ecology of the homeland: problems and solutions. Materials of the XIII All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference with International Participation April 23–24, 2018. Book 2. Kirov, 2018. - P. 213-216.
Page last updated: 14.03.2019 23:16