Ihar I. Smolich
Ph.D., Head of the Department of Plant Cell Biology and Bioengineering
Born in 1969 in Zhitkovichi (Gomel region).
Mailing address: Dept. of Plant Cell Biology and Bioengineering, Belarusian State University, Nezhaleznasti
Av.,4, 220030, Minsk, Belarus
Tel.: +375 (0)17 209-58-50
Fax: +375 (0)17 209-58-08
2002 – Ph.D. in Genetics, Thesis «The mutagenic effects of chronic and acute irradiation in Clethrionomys glareolus (Schreber)»;
1995–1998 – Post-graduate course in the Institute of Genetics and Cytology, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Specialization: Genetics;
1990–1995 – Belarusan State University, Biological Faculty, Department of plant physiology and biochemistry. The problems of calcium influence to functioning separate ion transport systems of plant cells plasmalemma were studied.
2019 - present: Head of the Department of Plant Cell Biology and Bioengineering;
2002-2019 – Associated Professor (Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Biology faculty, Belarusian State University);
2002 – researcher Institute of Genetics and Cytology, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus;
1998–2001 – junior researcher Institute of Genetics and Cytology, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus (Antimutagenesis Laboratory, Head department Rose I. Goncharova, Professor, Doctor of Science (Genetics, Radiobiology).
Faculty lecture (speciality "Biology (biotechnology)"): Protection of Population and National Economy Objects in the Extremal Situations;
Department lecture/practical course (speciality "Biology"): Ecological plant physiology, Water Balance of Plants;
Faculty laboratory courses (specialities "Biology" and "Bioecology"): Plant Physiology, Xenobiology.
plant biochemistry, biological active compounds of plants, biotesting of environment.
1. Smolich I.I., Hodorenko L.А., Yurin. V. M. Water balance of plants: course of lectures. Minsk: BSU, 2008. 108 p. (in Russian).
2. Filiptsova G. G., Smolich I. I. Biochemistry of plants: course of lectures. Minsk: BSU, 2004. 136 p. (in Russian)
3. Smolich I.I., Riabokon N.I. The frequency of micronuclei in somatic cells of bank vole (Clethrionomys glareolus, Schreber) from chronically irradiated populations // Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.– 1997.– № 4.– P.43–47 (in Belarusan).
4. Goncharova R.I., Ryabokon N.I., Smolich I.I. Biological effects of low-dose chronic irradiation in somatic cells of small mammals // Proc. of 9th Annual Conference “Risk Analysis: Facing the New Millennium, Rotterdam, 1999 / Ed. L.H.J. Gossens. – Delft University Press, 1999. – P. 710–714.
5. Ryabokon N.I., Smolich I.I., Goncharova R.I. Genetic processes in chronically irradiated populations of small mammals // Env. Management and Health.– 2000.– V. 11, № 5. P. 433–446.
6. Ryabokon N., Smolich I., Kudryashov V., Goncharova R. Long-term development of the radionuclide exposure of murine rodent populations in Belarus after the Chernobyl accident // Rad. Envir. Biophys.– 2005.– Vol.44.– P.169-181.
7. Smolich I.I., Savina N.V., Ryabokon N.I. Time-course of micronucleated erythrocytes in response to whole-body gamma irradiation in a model mammalian species, the bank vole (Clethrionomys glareolus, Schreber) // Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis. 2011. Vol.53. P. 50-57.(Abstract)
8 Malachowska-Ugarte M., Sperduto C., Ermolovich Y.V., Sauchuk A.L., Jurášek M., Litvinovskaya R.P., Straltsova D., Smolich I., Zhabinskii V.N., Drašar P., Demidchik V., Khripach V.A. Brassinosteroid-BODIPY conjugates: Design, syn-thesis, and properties // Steroids.– 2015.– V. 102.– P.53–59.
9. Sosan A, Svistunenko D, Straltsova D, Tsiurkina K, Smolich I, Lawson T, Subramaniam S, Golovko V, Anderson D, Sokolik A, Colbeck I, Demidchik V (2016) Engineered silver nanoparticles are sensed at the plasma membrane and dramatically modify physiology of Arabidopsis thaliana plants. Plant Journal 85: 245-257.
Page last updated: 22.10.2019 11:34