Research Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology
Address: 4, Nezavisimosti Ave., Minsk, 220030, Belarus
Web page: http://bio.bsu.by/hydrobio/
Location: 10, Kurchatova str., Minsk, 1st floor.
The Research Laboratory of Hydroecology has been created in 1965 on the basis of Biological Faculty of the Belorussian State University according to the decision of State Scientific and Technical Committee under Council of Ministers of USSR for the development of productional and energetic direction in hydrobiology which was proposed by the well-known scientist, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Sciences of USSR, professor Georgy Georgievich Vinberg.
During the time of existence it was headed by prof. G.G. Vinberg (1965-1967), prof. Yu.K. Fomichev (1967-1991).
Since 1991 to 2012 the laboratory was headed by the Corresponding Member of the Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Dr. Sci., prof. Alexander P. Ostapenya.
The head of the laboratory: Boris V. Adamovich, PhD,
Tamara M. Mikheyeva, Dr. Sci.,
Tatyana V. Zhukova, Dr. Sci., The head of «Naroch Biological Station named after G.G. Vinberg».
Yu K. Veres, PhD,
Senior Researcher: Raisa Z. Kovalevskaya.
Researchers: Ludmila V. Nikitina, Natalia V. Dubko, Oleg A. Makarevich,
Irina V. Savich,
Junior researchers: Irina N. Selivonchic,
Olga S. Smolskaya,
Andrey Yu. Panko,
Darya V. Kruk,
Main directions of research of the laboratory:
- production hydrobiology: the role of seston and detritus in the functioning of aquatic ecosystems;
- taxonomic diversity of algal flora of different aquatic ecosystems; structure and the peculiarities of phytoplankton in eutrophication and deeutrophication;
- biotic cycling of nutrients in lake ecosystems;
- primary production of plankton;
- suspended and dissolved organic matter in ponds and streams, the impact of xenobiotics on the production-destruction processes in the pond;
- bacterial component of the seston, sedimenting suspension, periphyton, benthic;
- community structure of macrobenthos in different environmental conditions;
- structure and functioning of communities of periphyton, metaphyton and their role in freshwater ecosystems;
- taxonomic and spatial structure, product-destruction rates of zooplankton in lakes of different types;
Key scientific and applied achievements:
- The regularities of the primary production of plankton on the lakes of different trophic types were studied;
- A unique data base of hydro-based long-term investigations of the diverse group of lakes Naroch was created;
- Studied the biological mechanisms of sedimentation weighted substances in lakes;
- Made long-term studies algological diversity in ponds and streams of the republic of Belarus;
- The role of various groups of aquatic organisms in the propurification process and the formation of water quality were estimated;
- First time in Belarus launched investigations microperiphyton as an independent unit of aquatic ecosystems;
- The conceptual approach to the study of periphyton terms trophometabolic unity of algae, bacteria, fungi, invertebrates, and dead organic matter (detritus) is justified.
- Organization and conducting of the International conference «Lake ecosystems: biological processes, anthropogenic transformation, water quality» since 1999;
- Since 1999 on the materials of monitoring observations and current research the annual edition «Bulletin of the ecological state of the lakes Naroch, Miastro, Batorino» is published;
- During the time of existence of the laboratory there were trained and protected 4 doctoral dissertations and 9 Ph.D. theses.
Main research articles:
Alexander B. Medvinsky, Alexey V. Rusakov, Boris V. Adamovich, Tamara M. Mikheyeva, and Nailya I. Nurieva. Determinism versus randomness in plankton dynamics: The analysis of noisy time series based on the recurrence plots. Russ. J. Numer. Anal. Math. Modelling 2019; 34(4):187–196.
( 0,6 Мб (abstract)
Vilizzi, L., Copp, G.H., Adamovich, B. et al. A global review and meta-analysis of applications of the freshwater Fish Invasiveness Screening Kit. Rev Fish Biol Fisheries (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11160-019-09562-2
( 2,4 Мб
Strayer, D. L., B. V. Adamovich, R. Adrian, D. C. Aldridge, C. Balogh, L. E. Burlakova, H. B. Fried-Petersen, L. G.-T_oth, A. L. Hetherington, T. S. Jones, A. Y. Karatayev, J. B. Madill, O. A. Makarevich, J. E. Marsden, A. L. Martel, D. Minchin, T. F. Nalepa, R. Noordhuis, T. J. Robinson, L. G. Rudstam, A. N. Schwalb, D. R. Smith, A. D. Steinman, and J. M. Jeschke. 2019. Long-term population dynamics of dreissenid mussels (Dreissena polymorpha and D. rostriformis): a cross-system analysis. Ecosphere 10(4):e02701. 10.1002/ecs2.2701
( 3,5 Мб
Adamovich B.V., Medvinsky A.B., Nikitina L.V., Radchikova N.P., Mikheyeva T.M., Kovalevskaya R.Z., Veres Yu.K., Chakraborty A., Rusakov A.V., Nurieva N.I., Zhukova T.V. Relations between variations in the lake bacterioplankton abundance and the lake trophic state: Evidence from the 20-year monitoring. Ecological Indicators (2019) V. 97, 120–129.
( 1,5 Мб (abstract)
Mikheyeva T. M., Adamovich B. V., Zhukova T. V., Savich I. V., Belykh O. I., Sorokovikova E. G., Kuz’min A. V., Fedorova G. A., Kovalevskaya R. Z., Selivonchik I. N., Dubko N. V. and Luk’yanova E. V. Phytoplankton of Lake Bol’shie Shvakshty (Belarus) during the Shift of the Ecosystem from a Macrophyte–Weakly Eutrophic to a Phytoplankton–Hypereutrophic State. Contemporary Problems of Ecology, 2018, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 563–575.
( 1,0 Мб (abstract)
Kazantseva T. I., Adamovich B. V., Alimov A. F., Zhukova T. V., and Solntsev V. N. Singular Spectrum Analysis of Hydroecological Parameter Dynamics of Lake Naroch’ in the Years 1978–2015. Russian Journal of Ecology, 2018, Vol. 49, No. 1, pp. 1–13.
( 0,3 Мб (abstract)
Alexander B. Medvinsky, Boris V. Adamovich, Rubin R. Aliev, Amit Chakraborty, Elena V. Lukyanova, Tamara M. Mikheyeva, Ljudmila V. Nikitina, Nailya I. Nurieva, Alexey V. Rusakov, Tatyana V. Zhukova. Temperature as a factor affecting fluctuations and predictability of the abundance of lake bacterioplankton. Ecological Complexity, 32 (2017) 90–98.
( 3,1 Мб (abstract) )
Zhukova T.V., Radchikova N.P., Mikheyeva T.M., Lukyanova E.V., Kovalevskaya R.Z., Veres J. K., Medvinsky A.B., Adamovich B.V. Long-term dynamics of suspended matter in Naroch Lakes: trend or intervention. Inland Water Biology, (2017) V.10(3):250-257
( 0.8 Мб (abstract) )
Mikheyeva T.M., Parparov A., Adamovich B.V., Gal G., Lukyanova E.V. The dynamics of freshwater phytoplankton stability in the Naroch Lakes (Belarus). Ecological Indicators (2017) V. 81, 481–490.
( 2,04 Мб (abstract) )
Medvinsky A.B., Nurieva N.I., Rusakov A.V., Adamovich B.V. Deterministic chaоs and the problem of predictability in population dynamics // Biophysics, 2017, Vol. 62, No. 1, pp. 92–108.
( 71 Kб (abstract) )
Adamovich B.V., Zhukova T.V., Mikheyeva T.M., Kovalevskaya R.Z., Lukyanova E.V. Long-Term Variations of the Trophic State Index in the Narochanskie Lakes and Its Relation with the Major Hydroecological Parameters. Water Resources, 43 (2016) 809–817.
( 43 Kб (abstract) )
Adamovich B.V., Kovalevskaya R.Z., Radchikova N.P., Zhukova T.V., Mikheyeva T.M., Medvinsky A.B., Nuriyeva N.I., Rusakov A.V. The Divergence of Chlorophyll Dynamics in the Naroch Lakes. Biophysics, 2015, Vol. 60, No. 4, pp. 632–638.
( 0,4 Мб )
3. Ostapenia, A. Parparov, T. Berman Lability of organic carbon in lakes of different trophic status // Freshwater biology, 2009. – Vol. 54. – p. 1312-1323.
T.A. Makarevich, S.E. Mastitsky, Savich I.V. Phytoperiphyton on the shells of Dreissena polymorpha (Pallas) in Lake Naroch // Aquatic Invasions, 2008. – Vol. 3. – Issue 3. – p. 283-295.
Ostapenia A.P. et all. Water quality quantification: basics and implementation // Hydrobiologia, 2006. – Vol. 560. – p. 227-237.
Ostapenia A.P. et all. Management criteria for lake ecosystems applied to case studies of changes in nutrient loading and climate change // Lakes & Reservoirs: Research and Management, 2003. – Vol. 8. – p. 141-155.
Page last updated: 23.08.2019 16:47