DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN AND ANIMAL PHYSIOLOGY
Address: 4, Nezavisimost ave., Minsk, 220030, Belarus
E-mail: Physiologybsu.by, ChumakAbsu.by
Web page: http://bio.bsu.by/physioha
Location: 10, Kurchatova str., Minsk, 2d floor.
Brief historical reference
The department of Human and Animal Physiology was founded in 1922 on the basis of the Belarussian State University. The great role in the department foundation was played by Prof. L.P. Rozanov. He had been heading the department since its foundation up to 1935.
From 1935 to 1950 the department was headed by Prof. I. A. Vetokhin. In the course of two Prof. A.A.Zubcov (1949-1951) worked at department on physiology of intercellular communication. G.S. Yun'ev (1950-1954, 1957-1971) was a head of department. The staff of the department worked under his supervision on evolutional neurophysiology and cardiology. Prof. A.M. Stashkov (1973-1975), Prof. V.N. Kalyunov (1975-1977) performed the structural functional analysis of autonomic ganglions and their role in the peripheral regulation of visceral organs of vertebrate. V.N. Kalyunov is the leader in the field of research of nerve growth factor. At the beginning of the 70th he researched the role of extracellular ATP irregulation of visceral organs, his results were revolutionary for world physiology.
From 1977 to 1985 the line of department was connected with hypoxia of tissues, the reseach work was in charge of Prof. E.F.Lunets, another head of department. He was the organizer of the laboratory of experimental biology, research laboratory of bioenergetics, thermoregulation laboratory. He examined a question of free-radical biology in medicine.
From 1973 to 1975 and 1985-1991 the department was headed by associate professor V. T. Shalatonin who guided complex researches of pathology of myocardium. During the same period there was researche on cellular physiology, headed by L. L. Moroz.
From 1991 to 2003 the academician of National Academy of Sciences V.N. Gurin was the founder of the physiological school of studying termophysiology. Не is a well-known scientist in the field/sphere of the study of physiological role of nitrogen monooxide, who has a done lot for the development of this field of physiology.
From 2003 and up till now the department is headed by Ph.D. A.G. Chumak.
Professors: A.G. Chumak, A.V. Sidorov
Associate professors: G.T. Maslova, D.B. Sandakov, V.B. Kazakevich, S.A. Rutkevich, K.M.Luzina
Senior lecturers: L.N. Semeyko, G.S. Polyukhovich, E.K. Karman.
Head of the laboratory: V.A. Kostyuk.
Scientists: A.A. Potapovich, T.O. Sukhan.
Technicians: M.V. Peshko, O.N.Orochko, G.I. Shkorodenok.
Main courses of studies:
· Human and Animal Physiology
· Human Anatomy
· Developmental Biology
· Bioactive substances of blood
· Foundations of biology and physiology
· Methodology and experimental technique of physiological experiment,
· Physiology of intercellular communication,
· Physiology of autonomic nervous system,
· Physiological and physicochemical basis of homeostasis,
· Comparative physiology,
· Physiology of brainstem,
· Foundation of psychophysiology,
· Foundation of cell physiology,
· Cardiovascular physiology,
· Foundation of radical biology.
The major scientific lines of the department are:
· Computer electrophysiology,
· Physiology of autonomic nervous system,
· Free Radicals Biology.
Basic scientific achievements and applied developments:
In recent years we:
· Have proved the contribution of nitrogen monoxide to the prevention of numerous ventricular rhythm disturbances, caused by myocardial ischemia and the anti-oxidant action of superoxide dismutase and redused glutathion in the system of neurons of mollusca.
· Have established the facts of the influence of NO on the processes, predetermining the temperature sensitivity of skin receptors and sinocarotid region and its usage in segmental synoptic process by realization of protective sympathetic reflexes.
· Have determined anti-oxidant and cytoprotective action of natural phenols in the condition of the oxidation stress and proved the flavonol complexes and ions of transition metals to be an effective low-molecular analog of the key-enzyme of antiradical protective system of superoxide dismutase.
· Have prepared, ratified and introdened in the register of State registration the Technical conditions for the set of reagents for quantitative determination of activity of superoxide dismutase enzymes together with «Analysis of X». On basis of conducted medical labtests Registration certificate has been received and its application has been approved in medical practice in Belarus. Small production of this reactant set for the determination of superoxide dismutase activity has been organized.
· Have created a computer program norring as «electronic recorder» and adapted it to the scientific and educational process. This program allows its using in a complex with standart amplifier to registrate and analyze electrocardiograms, electroencephalograms, electromiograms, neurograms etc. after an unexpensive modification of any personal computer.
In recent years lecturers of the DHAP created a number of textbooks and educational handouts, which have already been published. Some of them are:
1. Sandakov, D.B. The physiology of higher nervous activity: Methodological development for the laboratory classes / D.B. Sandakov. Minsk: BSU, 2001. 19 p. (in Russian).
2. Maslova G.T. Structure and development of male reproductive cells: Guidelines / G.T Maslova, A.V. Sidorov. Minsk: BSU, 2001. 14 p. (in Russian).
3. The physiology of humans and animals. Workshop: A manual with the signature stamp of the Ministry of Education RB / Ed. V.N. Gurina. Minsk: BSU, 2002. 120 p.
4. Sandakov, D.B. Elementary physiological processes: Lectures / D.B. Sandakov, G.I. Zaharevskaya. Minsk: BSU, 2002. 52 p. (in Russian).
5. Solodovnikova, I. Tests of biology. Grade 9 / I.I.. Solodovnikova. Minsk: Sir, Wit, 2002. 167 p. (in Russian).
6. Solodovnikova, I. Biology of terms and concepts / I.I. Solodovnikova, D.B. Sandakov. Minsk: Avers, 2003. 160 p. (in Russian).
7. Maslova, G.T. Structure and development of female sexual cells: Guidelines / G.T. Maslova, A.V. Sidorov Minsk: BSU, to 2003.17 p. (in Russian).
8. Maslova, G.T. Fertilization: Guidelines / G.T. Maslova, A.V. Sidorov. Minsk: BSU, 2003. 17 p. (in Russian).
9. Solodovnikova, I. visceral system: A manual with the signature stamp of the Ministry of Education RB / I.I. Solodovnikova, G.S. Polyuhovich, E.K. Karman. Minsk: BSU, 2003. 60 p. (in Russian).
10. Semeyko, L.N. electromyography: Guidelines / L.N. Semeyko. Minsk: BSU, 2003. 25 p. (in Russian).
11. Solodovnikova, I. Cardiovascular System: Guidelines / I.I. Solodovnikova, E.K. Karman, G.S. Polyuhovich. Minsk: BSU, 2003. 25 p. (in Russian).
12. Solodovnikova, I. Spinal cord: Guidelines / I.I. Solodovnikova, A.V. Sidorov, G. Polyuhovich, E.K. Karman. Minsk: BSU, 2004. 24 p. (in Russian).
13. Maslova, G.T. Development of chordate. lancelet: Guidelines / G.T. Mazola, A.V. Sidorov. Minsk: BSU, 2005. 13 p. (in Russian).
14. Maslova, G.T. Fragmentation: Guidelines / G.T. Maslova, A.V. Sidorov. Minsk: BSU, 2005. 24 p. (in Russian).
15. Biology. Collection of tests. Centralized testing. Minsk: UUP Izd Yunipres , 2005. 167 p. (in Russian).
16. Maslova, G.T. gastrulating: Guidelines / G.T. Maslova, A.V. Sidorov. Minsk: BSU, 2006. 23 p. (in Russian).
17. Solodovnikova, I. Tests on the biology of 9 class / I.I. Solodovnikova, D.B. Sandakov. Minsk: Avers, 2007. (in Russian).
1. Romanovsky A.A. Ivanov A.I.,Karman E.K. Blood-borne, albumin-bound prostaglandin E2 may be involved in fever // Am. J. Physiol., 276 (Regulatory Integrative Comp. Physiol. 45). 1999. Р. 1840–1844.
2. Sidorov A.V., Kazakevich V.B., Moroz L.L. Nitric oxide selectively enhances cAMP levels and electrical coupling between identified RPaD2/VD1 neurons in the CNS of Lymnaea stagnalis (L.) // Acta Biol. Hung. 1999. Vol. 50. № 1–3. P. 229–233.
3. Kostyuk V.A., Polyuhovich G.S. Effect of SOD and NO donor in breach reperfusion heart rate in rats / / Bulletin of experiments. Biol. and honey. 1999. Number 2. S.137-140. (in Russian)
4. Kulchitsky V.A., Polenov S.A., Pashkevich S.G., Netukova N.I., Tropnikova G.K., Pesotsky J.A., Kulchytsky S.V., Chumak A.G. regulation functions when you activate the brain. Minsk.: Belprint. 2004. 112 pp. (in Russian)
5.; Sandakov D., Gerein V. Turpentine-induced fever during stimulation and inhibition of hepatic protein synthesis // J. Thermal. Biology. 2003. Vol. 28. P.39–43.
6. Kostiuk V.A., Potapovich A..I Bioradical and bioantioxidant. Minsk: Belarusian State University. 2004. 179 pp. (in Russian)
7. Semeyko L.N. Electrophysiological assessment of the motor centers of thickening cervical spinal cord with traumatic injury. / / neurotraumatological organization providing care for spinal injury. Republican scientific-practical conference devoted to 20 anniversary of the Center spinal injuries PG BelNIITO. June 4, 2004 2004. S. 117-120. (in Russian)
8.Maslova G.T., Nechipurenko N. Effect of low laser irradiation of blood on the processes of free-oxidation in normal conditions and in conditions of cerebral ischemia. / / Vestnik BSU. 2005. Ser. 2. Number 2. P.37-41. (in Russian)
9. Sidorov A.V.Effect of acute temperature change on lung respiration of the mollusk Lymnaea stagnalis// J. Therm. Biol. 2005. Vol. 30, № 2. P. 163–171.
10. Sidorenko A.V., Kazakevich V.B., Selitskii A. On the involvement of nitric oxide in the microwave effects on brain activity / / millimeter waves in biology and medicine. 2006. T.44. Number 4. S.41-49. (in Russian)
11. Chumak A.G., Maslova G.T., Sidorov A.V., Kazakevich V.B., Polyuhovich G.S., Kostyuk V.A., Potapovich A.I., ShuhnoT.P. Research Chairs of human and animal physiology as a reflection of the leading trends of modern physiology. / / Vestnik BSU. 2006. Ser. 2. Number 3. S. 49-53. (in Russian)
12. Rutkevich S.A., Semeyko L.N., Polyuhovich G.S., Chumak A.G. The effects of totalize electrical afferent fibers within the nerve trunks and their dependence on nitrogen monoxide / / Collection of articles Medical and biological aspects of the physical factors. Ed. VS ULASCHIK. Minsk: Biznesofset. 2006. S. 263-266. (in Russian)
13. Kostyuk V.A., Potapovich A.I., Strigunova E.N., Kostyuk T.V. Cherian M.G. Protective activity of dietary flavonoids and their metal complexes against oxidative stress in vitro and in vivo // Cellular and Molecular Biology. 2007. 53. № 1. Р. 61–68.
Page last updated: 13.03.2019 10:59